Consumed by nostalgia
![]() |
| ─ ⊹ ⊱ 𖦹 ⊰ ⊹ ─ |
Rise and shine, fireflies ‧˚꒰🐜⋆! I'm quite a nostalgic girl; I'm always thinking about the past and the moments I would like to go back to.
I can feel nostalgia towards my memories, or even towards periods of time (or specific things in those) that I haven't experienced (like the 2000's, or the 90's).
So in this entry, I wanna explore and share the things that give me this feeling the most. And you can see if you relate!
°❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・°❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・°❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・°❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・°❀⋆.ೃ࿔°❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・°❀⋆.
![]() |
| ─ ⊹ ⊱ 𖦹 ⊰ ⊹ ─ |
One of the things that gives me nostalgia the most is watching old photos and letters.
The special thing about photos that I also find super interesting is how they can capture forever a moment, a feeling, or a person, and the same applies with letters and drawings.
If you've ever gifted me a craft or letter, I still have it; I keep in a little box all those things, even messages passed in class. They feel like a little time machine, of things I liked in the past or moments.
°❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・°❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・°❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・°❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・°❀⋆.ೃ࿔°❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・°❀⋆.
![]() |
| ─ ⊹ ⊱ 𖦹 ⊰ ⊹ ─ |
And not only with perfumes, also the smell of some specific soaps, foods, houses, places, and things (for example, the beach, or an eucalyptus tree), or the smell of the rain. I find this sensorial experience of remembering through smells super cool, and they never fail to give me a nostalgic feeling.
°❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・°❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・°❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・°❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・°❀⋆.ೃ࿔°❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・°❀⋆.
![]() |
| ─ ⊹ ⊱ 𖦹 ⊰ ⊹ ─ |
Movies and series can also be nostalgic, for example when I watch movies that I used to love as a kid (like Barbie movies, or My Little Pony) I feel little again, and remember how it felt to watch those for the first time.
It also happens with series I watched not that long ago, but that were significant to me.
Or with movies abot the topics of girlhood or growing up, like Now and Then (1995).
°❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・°❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・°❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・°❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・°❀⋆.ೃ࿔°❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・°❀⋆.
![]() |
| ─ ⊹ ⊱ 𖦹 ⊰ ⊹ ─ |
My favourite toys used to be the Piny Pons, the Littlest Pet Shop, the Barbies, the Equestria Girls, the hula hoop, and my roller skates.
°❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・°❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・°❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・°❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・°❀⋆.ೃ࿔°❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・°❀⋆.
![]() |
| ─ ⊹ ⊱ 𖦹 ⊰ ⊹ ─ |
I think there has never been one of my birthdays where I haven't cried. I think the reminder that the future is approaching, and I'm growing old just makes me think of all my birthdays before and how I can never go back (that's when I start crying), but it also makes me remember to enjoy the present moment because, eventually, this is also going to be a memory.
As I see it, we are made of memories; without knowing who we were, we couldn't know who we are and where we are going. Memorys hold our experiences, the things we've learned, and the people we've met, so without them we would be completely lost. Hope you enjoyed the read. Sweetly, Clara.
°❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・°❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・°❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・°❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・°❀⋆.ೃ࿔°❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・°❀⋆.






Barbie is a big part of my childhood too, I’ve watched every and I mean every Barbie movie there is, I love the smell of rain too, yesterday it rained here , nostalgia will be the end of me , I loved reading this xoxo
ReplyDeleteWith live following from https://fairiesandbutterflydreams.blogspot.com/?m=1
so reall, ty for the comment xoxo!
Delete